Workshop for young scientists Development of Biological control products
Are you a young scientist working in the field of biological control? And would you like to learn more about the development of microbial biological control products?
Then sign up for the BIOCOMES 3-days workshop on 17-19 January 2017 in Germany!
BIOCOMES will organize a training workshop for young scientists on the development of economically and ecologically sustainable microbial biological control products on 17-19 January 2017 in Schwentinental, Germany.
The training workshop will focus on important topics determining the successful implementation of biological control products:
- Markets & product registration
- Methods in research on ecology, detection & mode-of-action
- Screening strategies & efficacy testing
- Lab to greenhouse transfer & application
- Industrial mass production & quality assessment of products
Visits to the production facilities of the companies e-nema Gesellschaft für Biotechnologie und biologischen Pflanzenschutz GmbH in Schwentinental and Bayer CropScience Biologics GmbH in Malchow (both in Germany) are also included.
A detailed definitive program will be available in October/November on this website.
The workshop will be organized by the BIOCOMES partners:
- Dr. Jürgen Köhl (Wageningen UR)
- Prof.dr. Ralf-Udo Ehlers and dr. Olaf Strauch (e-nema)
- Ute Eiben (Bayer CropScience Biologics)
- Dr. Rüdiger Hauschild (GAB)
- Prof.dr. Gabriele Berg (Technical University Graz)
Participant fee and accommodation
Workshop fee is € 140. Travelling and hotel accommodation costs are not included.
Hotel Rosenheim is situated on a walking distance from e-nema, where the workshop will take place. You can contact the hotel at: http://www.hotel-rosenheim.de.
Attendance of the workshop is limited (15 persons maximum): early booking recommended!
The organizers may have to select participants based on their background in biological control.
Download the workshop flyer
Register and reserve your spot with the form below.