The University of Padova was established in 1222 and is one of the oldest in Europe. In this University, Agricultural Sciences, Forestry Sciences and Animal Sciences are splitted in two departments:
- Department of Land, Environment, Agriculture and Forestry (TESAF). This is where the BIOCOMES research group is working.
- Department of Agronomy, Food, Natural Resources, Animals and the Environment (DAFNAE)
The mission of the Dept. of Land, Environment, Agriculture and Forestry is understanding, effective management and sustainable use of agricultural and forest resources. In particular, the fields of interest of the BIOCOMES research group are:
- Ecology and physiology of toxigenic fungi
- Plant pathogen interaction
- Plant disease management
- Biological control through the selection and use of microorganisms antagonists for resistance to the parasites responsible for serious diseases in horticulture, grapevine and cereal crops.